Want to work in New Zealand for a silage season? Yes we do employ experienced overseas and New Zealand based drivers.

Things we need to know.

  • Name
  • Age
  • Home address
  • Email address
  • Contact phone number
  • Experience on machinery
  • What drivers licence do you have NZ Class 4 / HGV ?
  • Referee Name, work phone & cell phone, place
  • Dates that you want to come and return home

(Our silage season starts around early to mid October)

If you are interested, you can send us an email to michael@silage.co.nz or call me on 027 221 0826. (calling from overseas the number will be +64 27 221 0826) Remember the time difference. The best time to talk to me is during the day and early evening NZ time (check the time on www.timeanddate.com/worldclock) and look at the Auckland NZ time.

If you are from overseas we can give you details of what you need to do to get a visa etc. If you want to check out airlines to NZ, you would be flying into Christchurch International Airport in New Zealand.

Check out the New Zealand immigration web site to find details on what is required. Most people qualify for a working holiday visa which will allow you to work in NZ.

If you are from Ireland the link is www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/irelandworkingholidayscheme.htm

If you are from the UK the link is www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/unitedkingdomworkingholidayscheme.htm

From other countries, check the Immigration New Zealand web site for details

When you arrive in New Zealand, we will assist you to open a New Zealand bank account and register to obtain a tax number. It is better to have a New Zealand bank account for your wages while here in New Zealand, and use this for your everyday spending.

We only want people who know how to respect and look after the gear they are driving, and are prepared to listen to what they are being asked to do. Remember that often contractors in other countries do things differently to what you do at home. We are also in contact with other New Zealand contractors who may also be looking for drivers, so if you have a specific area or job description in mind, just ask. We are not a recruitment agency, but are willing to help. If you have a heavy truck drivers licence, this gives you a wider choice of jobs. This is because in New Zealand, most of the silage is carted (drawn) by trucks, rather than tractors and trailers.